Here are links to some of the organizations we work with, other land trusts in the area, and information about protecting land:
Here are links to more information about grassland bird conservation.
- Audubon New York's Grassland Bird Conservation Program. http://ny.audubon.org/BirdSci_Grassland.html
- Mass Audubon’s Grassland Bird Conservation Program.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Grassland Landowner Incentive Program. http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/32722.html
- A Plan for Conserving Grassland Birds in New York: Final Report to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Morgan, M and Burger, M. 2008., under contract #C005137. Audubon NY, Ithaca, NY.
- Audubon Magazine article: "Buying Time" about grassland bird conservation and landowner incentive programs in Vermont and across the U.S. http://www.audubonmagazine.org/features0911/birds.html
- Wisconsin’s Managing Habitat for Grassland Birds – a Guide for Wisconsin. Sample, David W., and Micheal J. Mossman. 1997. Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Madison, WI, PUBL-SS-925-97. 154 pp. Jamestown, ND: Northern Prairie Wildlife Reseach Center Online (version 03JUN2002). http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/birds/wiscbird/index.htm
- South Central New York Agricultural Team’s, “Grassland Birds in Fields and on Farms” Bulletins
- This site about water conservation recommended by Girl Scouts: https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/home-water-conservation/
270 Mansion Street
Coxsackie, NY 12051