Here are links to some of the organizations we work with, other land trusts in the area, and information about protecting land:
- Hudsoia working with GLT ad other conservation organizations to provide map resources and identify conservation priorities.
- Hudson Estuary Watershed Resiliency Project buildig long term resillience to extreme weather and climate change.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Columbia ad Greene Counties a partner in helping GLT engage the community.
- Greene County Industrial Development Agency A vital partner in accomplishing our goal of balancing sound development and effective preservation.
- Greene County Soil and Water Conservation District A partner in several of our current projects and a valuable source of information about conservation in Greene county.
- Scenic Hudson Land Trust Our partner in the Willows project and a major player in land protection in the Hudson Valley and beyond.
- Columbia Land Conservancy A very successful and sophisticated land conservancy in our neighboring county across the river.
New Baltimore Conservancy An active conservancy within Greene County.
- Watershed Agricultural Council supports the economic viability of agriculture and forestry through the protection of water quality and the promotion of land conservation in the New York City watershed region.
- Land Trust Alliance offers information for landowners who want to protect their land.
- Historic Hudson River Valley Towns
- Hudson River Valley Institute
- Greene County Historical Society
- Mountain Top Historical Society
Here are links to more information about grassland bird conservation.
- Audubon New York's Grassland Bird Conservation Program. http://ny.audubon.org/BirdSci_Grassland.html
- Mass Audubon’s Grassland Bird Conservation Program.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Grassland Landowner Incentive Program. http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/32722.html
- A Plan for Conserving Grassland Birds in New York: Final Report to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Morgan, M and Burger, M. 2008., under contract #C005137. Audubon NY, Ithaca, NY.
- Audubon Magazine article: "Buying Time" about grassland bird conservation and landowner incentive programs in Vermont and across the U.S. http://www.audubonmagazine.org/features0911/birds.html
- Wisconsin’s Managing Habitat for Grassland Birds – a Guide for Wisconsin. Sample, David W., and Micheal J. Mossman. 1997. Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Madison, WI, PUBL-SS-925-97. 154 pp. Jamestown, ND: Northern Prairie Wildlife Reseach Center Online (version 03JUN2002). http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/birds/wiscbird/index.htm
- South Central New York Agricultural Team’s, “Grassland Birds in Fields and on Farms” Bulletins